This is one of those dishes that I would make every week. The whole family loved it! The key is to keep the tenderloin juicy while also getting the bacon crispy. For the cheese, I use softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese. I think this keeps it juicy from the inside out.
I use a packaged pork tenderloin that does not have any marinate on it, but you can switch it up if you’d like.
Cheese Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40-60 minutes | Total time: 50-70 minutes
- Approx 1lb packaged pork tenderloin
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 brick of cream cheese, softened
- 7-8 slices of bacon (I use thick cut)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Baking twine
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Take the packaging off of the pork tenderloin.
- On a cutting board, cut the tenderloin in half long ways so it splits in half and you can stuff it.
- Prior to using a meat mallet to flatten it, put cling wrap underneath it and then over top. Seal the outside so as you begin to flatten it, the liquid doesn’t get everywhere.
- Remove the cling wrap and toss it in the trash.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the tenderloin.
- Using a spatula, spread cream cheese over the inside of the tenderloin. Leave about an inch on each side without cream cheese so you can close it up at the end.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese down the center of the tenderloin.
- Take one side of the tenderloin and slowly close the tenderloin. Gently do this so the cheese doesn’t squeeze out. If it’s a little messy, that’s okay.
- On a baking sheet, lay the slices of bacon down side by side. This will be for rolling up the tenderloin so make sure the slices are close together, but not overlapping.
- Put the tenderloin on one side of the bacon and slowly roll it all so the bacon wraps around the outside of the outside of the tenderloin.
- Using baker’s twine, cut 4-6 small pieces and tie it around the bacon and the tenderloin to keep it closed while it cooks.
- Bake at 425 for 40-60 minutes until the pork is cooked through and the bacon is crispy.
- Remove the oven and cut the pieces of twine off.
- Slice the tenderloin into 1 1/2 inch pieces and serve.