Do you ever look in your fridge and think, “what in the world am I going to make for supper tonight?” Well that was how this dish came to life. I had rotisserie chicken, broccoli and potatoes, but didn’t want the normal set up of those three so I got creative.
This was a huge hit in my house because of the sauce the chicken was sautéed in–and of course the buttery potato.
Chicken and Broccoli Twice Baked Potatoes
Prep time: 1 hour and 15 minutes (this includes baking the potato) | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 1 hour and 35 minutes
- 3 potatoes
- olive oil and salt (for potatoes)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 package of dry greek seasoning
- 1/2 package of dry Italian seasoning
- 2 tbs oil, divided (you’ll use 1 tbs oil with the chicken)
- 2 tbs Worcestershire
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp Hoisin sauce
- broccoli florets
- 4 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Fork some holes in your potatoes and then coat them in olive oil and sprinkle salt all over the potatoes.
- Set them on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 50 minutes.
- While those are baking and have about 20 minutes left, place your shredded (or chopped up) chicken pieces in a medium sauce pan on medium heat with 1 tbs olive oil.
- As it begins to get hot, in a medium mixing cup, take the greek and Italian seasonings, 2 tbs oil, Worcestershire, salt, chili powder, turmeric, celery salt, ground ginger, garlic and Hoisin sauce and mix it all up! This is the good stuff. If you don’t have all of the ingredients, feel free to adjust to what you have on hand.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the chicken. Once it starts to boil reduce the heat to medium low and let it all simmer together. As it cooks, you’ll notice the sauce disappears. It mostly gets absorbed into the chicken and just enough liquid left in the pan to keep the moisture there.
- While that simmers, cook the broccoli in a pot of water until they’re completely soft.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and using an oven mitt, hold the potato and cut them in half LONG WAYS. This will give you 6 halves from your 3 potatoes.
- Using a spoon, scrape out the potato from the skins carefully to keep the skins intact. Put the potato in a large bowl and set aside.
- Drain the water out of the broccoli and on a cutting board, chop the broccoli into small pieces and toss them into the bowl with the potatoes.
- In the bowl with the potatoes and broccoli, add in the butter, sour cream, 2 cups shredded cheese and milk. Stir it all up until it’s nice and combined.
- Now to assemble! Take the skins and set them on a cooking sheet, add a few spoonfuls of the potato mixture and flatten it out so it’ll be good for stacking. Take a spoonful of the chicken and set them on top of the potatoes and then sprinkle with cheese. Continue this for all of the potatoes.
- Bake them for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and ENJOY!