My husband has been making these enchiladas since we’ve been together, and that’s a long time! I still love them as much as I did the first day I ate them. His secret ingredient? Simply Potatoes Hash Browns!
There’s nothing too crazy about this recipe, but I’ll tell ya, it’s so delicious. The hash browns really give it some texture.
Eric’s Beef Enchiladas
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1- 4.5 oz can of diced green chiles
- 1 taco seasoning packet (it will call for water so have water for this)
- 1/2 package of the 20 oz Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns
- 4 cups cheese, divided
- 1-10 oz can of Old El Paso Red Enchilada sauce
- 8 soft tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
- Add in the chiles, taco seasoning with water, hash browns and stir until it’s all combined.
- Add in 2 cups of cheese and stir until it’s all melted with the beef and hash browns.
- Grab a greased casserole dish and start assembling the enchiladas.
- Lay out the tortilla, add a couple spoonfuls of the beef mixture to the center, roll it up and place in the casserole dish. Continue for all tortillas. 8 enchiladas should fill your dish.
- Once all enchiladas are assembled and in the casserole dish, pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas, sprinkle the remaining two cups of cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, lettuce or nothing at all! It’s delish either way.