These are a household favorite! They’re sweet, cozy AND they have zucchini so that means they’re healthy, right?
The kids can help with this so it’s a nice weekend breakfast to make together. My secret to keeping it stress-free? I pre-measure everything so all we do is combine the ingredients and mix, mix, mix! It’s perfect and my girls love it.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil, I didn’t notice a difference)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin liners. Personal preference, I love muffin liners around the holidays!
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Mix egg, oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a bowl and then stir that into the dry ingredients until it’s all mixed together nicely. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips and fill those muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.