Imagine this, you get home from work and in 20 minutes, you can have dinner on the table and it’s a homemade dish. Would you believe me?
Well believe it!
This beef and broccoli recipe is quick, the sauce is homemade and it’s something you can be proud to serve up to your family on a weeknight.
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tbs fresh ginger minced (I used ginger powder and it was just fine)
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 3 cups broccoli, steamed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Add water to a pot and begin boiling your broccoli florets
- Heat your wok (here’s the wok I use, and it’s on sale right now!) med-high heat and add olive oil and flank steak, laying flat around so nothing is overlapping
- While that’s beginning to sizzle, mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Pour half of that mixture in the wok and flip the steak strips so the mixture and steak marinade together in the wok
- Drain the cooked broccoli and combine that into the wok with the steak and add the remaining of the mixture. Stir, stir stir. Let it sizzle for about 2-3 minutes
- While that’s cooking, prepare your brown rice (varies depending on what brand you like)
- To plate, place a spoonful of brown rice on a plate and add the beef and broccoli mixture