If you’re looking for an easy and delicious dessert then these mini cheesecakes are for you! The filling can be whipped up in 5 minutes and you can add any toppings you’d like. I topped these mini cheesecakes with blueberry pie filling, strawberry pie filling and then I made candied walnuts to top as well.
When making cheesecake, I normally use graham cracker crust, but since I want these to be grab and go desserts for any type of event, I’m using mini pie crusts. You should be able to find these at most grocery stores.
prep time: 5 minutes | cook time: 15 minutes | total time: 30 minutes (including chill time for the crusts)
- 1 roll of mini pie crusts
- 1 block of cream cheese, at room temp
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Toppings (I used blueberry pie filling, strawberry pie filling and candied walnuts
- Preheat your oven to the degree it lists on the pie crust package.
- Unroll the mini pie crust dough and begin to tear them into the individual pieces.
- Put them into a muffin tin and press down to ensure it becomes a bowl shape.
- Using a toothpick, poke a few holes into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Bake according to the pie crust package.
- While that’s baking, make your filling! Using a hand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- When the pie crusts are done, set them aside and let them cool (usually 15 minutes or so).
- Put the filling into a piping bag or ziplock and snip a corner off.
- FiIl the pie crusts with the filling and then top each one with your favorite toppings.