These are so delicious and a nice change to my normal tacos I make. I am using ground beef here, but you could use shredded chicken or just pack it with sautéed veggies.
TIP: When I made these, I flatten the tacos with a cookie sheet so the tortilla stays closed.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- taco seasoning (and water to mix)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- small tortillas
- mexican style shredded cheese
- hot sauce and sour cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium skillet, brown your ground beef and add in the taco seasoning.
- Remove the beef from the skillet once it’s done and set aside.
- Add the bell peppers, onions and olive oil to the same skillet.
- Once those are nicely sautéed, add the ground beef back into the skillet.
- Add the lime juice and give it a good stir.
- If you’d like to add a little char to the tortillas, cook both sides over a flame. This is completely optional.
- Fill your tortillas with the beef filling, top with a little cheese and then fold them and place on a baking sheet. Do this until all of your beef is used.
- Place a baking sheet on top of the tacos to hold them flat and then place them in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and then top them with sour cream and hot sauce (optional).