When making zucchini muffins, I always have a heavy hand on the cinnamon. There’s something about a warm cinnamon muffin that just feels cozy, especially on a cold night. I try to take it easy on so much sugar since the kids have these for breakfast and snacks at night.
You can also add walnuts or chocolate chips to these muffins if you want something to add to this.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20-25 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup zucchini, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-muffin tin or put in muffin liners.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the egg, vegetable oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Then stir the dry ingredients into the wet until it’s all mixed together.
- Fold in the zucchini and gently stir.
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4 the way full.
- Bake in preheated oven until the toothpick comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.