Have you ever craved a combination of flavors that you have to make it right then? I feel that way about peanut butter and chocolate, OFTEN! So these chewy peanut butter chocolate bars came to life last night. I’m sure you’ve seen something like this, but if you haven’t made them, what are you waiting for?
With just a handful of ingredients, it’s easy and so delicious. I store them in the fridge and we much on them for dessert throughout the week.
Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes, including chill time
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Grab an 8×8 baking dish and line it with foil. I coat it with a little cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup on medium heat. Slowly stir it for around 5 minutes, until it all mixes together.
- In a large ziplock bag, add the corn flakes and crush them all up. This is a fun activity for the kids! Let them bang it up!
- Add the crushed corn flakes into the peanut butter mixture and stir it all up.
- Add the peanut butter mixture into the baking dish. Using a spatula, even it all out.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat it in the microwave in 30-second increments to not burn the chocolate. Stir it after the 30 seconds and continue heating in those increments until it’s all nice and creamy.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture and smooth it out. I cool this in the fridge and then cut it into 2-in squares. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.