Spring is here! That means kids sports are up and running, park visits and bbqs are happening which is amazing! I will not complain about that. I love picnics at the park, but what kid really wants to sit at the table and eat while they wait to go play on the playground?
I like to create quick, on the go snacks that are filling for the kiddos so it keeps us full for longer than an hour. You know what kind of snacks I’m talking about– where they eat it and then are asking for something else 20 minutes later.
These roll ups have a similar flavor to those hot Italian subs you get from the sandwich shop except you don’t have to heat these up. Toss these cold roll ups in a cooler to eat at the soccer or baseball game, picnic in the park or on the go in the car running errands.
Italian Roll Ups
Prep time: 5 minutes | Chill time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 3 large soft tortillas
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of banana peppers, diced
- 1 tbs green chiles
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 18 slices of salami
- 9 slices of provolone
- 18 pieces of pepperoni
- In a medium mixing bowl, take the softened cream cheese, banana peppers, green chilies, parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and mix it all up.
- Grab one- third of the mixture and spread it on one of the large tortillas. Keep about an inch of the outer ring of the tortilla without mixture so it doesn’t spill out when you roll it up.
- Take 3 slices of provolone and assemble them longways on top of the mixture.
- Grab 6 slices of salami and take 3 slices and lay them longways on the left side and then the remaining 3 on the right side. You want the salami to be distributed so each bite has some.
- Grab 6 slices of pepperoni and lay them all around the top of the salami.
- Take the left side of the tortilla and roll it up. The inside is hearty so the roll up will be thick!
- Put the roll up in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- Grab a bread knife and cut the tortilla into 1-inch roll ups.