In one skillet– I repeat, one skillet, you have delicious sauce, cheese and broken noodles. There are a lot of skillet lasagna recipes out there so this isn’t anything groundbreaking, but to amp this up a notch, I add crushed red pepper flakes. It adds a little spice and really brings the tomato sauce to life.
The ricotta cheese adds this creamy texture that helps coat the noodles. Best yet? It only takes 30 minutes! The noodles cook in the tomato sauce and the flavors all come together beautifully.
Easy Skillet Lasagna
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 yellow or white onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- tiny pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 45 oz Ragu tomato sauce
- 6 lasagna noodles, snapped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add the olive oil and cook the onions until they’re translucent.
- Add the ground beef. Using a mix in chop tool, or a large spatula break up the beef and cook until it’s no longer pink.
- Add in the garlic powder, dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes and tomato sauce. Stir until it’s all mixed together.
- Add in the lasagna noodles, stir and then bring to a boil. Once it’s boiling, reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and cook until the noodles are soft, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add in dollops of the ricotta cheese and parm or mozz cheese and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with parsley and serve.