Have some Halloween festivities coming up– or just craving delicious Halloween treats for yourself? Try this festive snack mix that sneaks in some fun goodies. I made this the other night for the kiddos. We watched the cartoon Adams Family and then once they went to bed, I just kept eating it and we watched Halloween.
I like to put some surprises in the mix instead of the normal candy corn, etc so you’ll see my take on this below in the recipe. Add some extra spook by placing little spiders on the table or around the edges of the bowl.
I like using white chocolate with the buttery white popcorn because of the flavors, but if you’d like to use plain, unbuttered popcorn and then milk chocolate, etc– that’s totally up to you! I keep the popcorn on a cold platter or put an ice bowl under the mix so it doesn’t melt and get sticky.
Halloween Popcorn Mix
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes (the popcorn needs to cool in the fridge for a little bit)
- Popcorn –I use buttered because I like the salty sweet flavor with the white chocolate
- White chocolate wafers
- Pretzel sticks
- Granola clusters
- Halloween colored M&Ms
- Halloween sprinkles
- To make the white chocolate popcorn, you’ll need to pop your popcorn and then let it cool completely.
- Once the popcorn is cooled down, in a glass bowl, add your chocolate wafers and put them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir with a spatula and then continue heating them up in 30 second intervals and stirring until it’s completely cool. Be sure to stir it every 30 seconds or else it’ll burn and get clumpy.
- In a large ziplock bag, add the popcorn and pour in the chocolate. Seal the bag and shake, shake, shake! You’ll want all of the popcorn coated.
- Once it’s all coated, grab a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Pour the coated popcorn out in a single layer. Grab the sprinkles and sprinkle them all over the popcorn so they’re nicely coated and festive!
- Put the baking sheet in the fridge for the popcorn to cool and harden.
- Once the popcorn is hard, take the baking sheet out of the fridge and grab a large bowl.
- Break apart the popcorn and put it in the large serving bowl. Add in the Cheerios, pretzel sticks, granola clusters and M&Ms (or whatever additions you’re using). Give it a gentle stir so it’s all mixed up and serve immediately OR place back in the fridge until it’s time to serve.