When I’m at the deli, I normally go for the same cuts of meat every time. When I went the other day, I decided to switch it up and get pastrami. A nice warm sandwich for lunch is so good! When the pastrami is baked, it has a nice crispy edge to it and just melts together with the cheese.
Pastrami and Provolone Sandwiches
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time 8 minutes | Total time: 13-15 minutes
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 slices of pastrami
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Stir the garlic powder and Italian seasoning in the butter.
- Using a bread knife, slice the Italian loaf into individual slices to make sandwiches. I like them to be 1/2 inch thick or a little smaller. I made four sandwiches so I had 8 slices of bread.
- Using a kitchen brush, brush the butter on both sides of each piece of bread.
- Lay the individual slices of bread on a baking sheet.
- Lay two slices of pastrami on four slices of bread– so four slices will have pastrami on them and the other four slices of bread will not.
- Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake at 375 for 5 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and lay one piece of provolone cheese on each of the remaining slices of bread that did not have pastrami on it.
- Put the sheet back into the oven for 3 minutes–just enough time to melt the cheese.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and assemble the sandwiches.