Brussels sprouts, either you love them or hate them. If you love them, try out this delicious, crispy and savory brussels sprouts and bacon dish. The key is I like to cook the bacon separately so they’re crispy, but their cook time won’t mess with the sprouts cook time. It’s two different dishes to clean, but worth it!
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- Brussels sprouts, halved
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- parmesan cheese
- 4 pieces of bacon (this quantity might go up or down depending on how many brussels sprouts you’re making)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a baking sheet pan, lay the brussels sprouts in a single layer (they should already have been cut in half at this point).
- Drizzle olive oil over all of them, then sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir until everything is coated.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes to start.
- While that’s baking, I cook up the bacon in a skillet and then set aside to cool.
- Once the 15 minutes is up, take the brussels sprouts out, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and them cook for another 15 minutes (or until they’re nice and browned up and tender.
- Crumble the bacon and then toss the bacon and brussels sprouts in a bowl.
- Serve immediately!