Microgreens have such great benefits to your health! This is a delicious, healthy breakfast that’s so easy to make. I added smoked paprika to the egg whites and it was top notch! Use seasonings when cooking with egg whites– it helps give it some flavor. I like to add a side of fruit to the omelet. It’s a nice sweet addition.
Mozzarella and Microgreen Egg White Omelet
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- handful of microgreens, washed and the sprout removed
- 4 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In the bowl of beaten egg whites, add the smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan, add the beaten egg whites.
- Let them cook until they begin to get crusted on bottom.
- On one side of the eggs, add mozzarella slices and the microgreens on top.
- Using a spatula, flip the one side of the egg on top of the mozzarella cheese and microgreens creating an omelet.
- Once the cheese begins to melt, remove it from the skillet and plate.
- Note: I slice up some peaches and eat it with this. DELISH!