This veggie packed breakfast casserole is so filling and delicious. I feel like once I have a breakfast with veggies, I am so energized! Covid kept me from seeing my grandpa for 4 months and that was hard so this last weekend, I decided to make him my breakfast casserole and pay him a visit. It’s perfect for meal planning. These beautiful veggies are from Tony Tomato. Check him out!
Veggie Packed Breakfast Casserole
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour (30 min and then 30 min) | Total time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1/2 bag of the Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 mushrooms, diced
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a greased casserole dish, set a single layer of shredded hash brown down and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- While that’s baking, in a medium bowl, mix together the beaten eggs, mushrooms, garlic, red, yellow and green peppers, onion, parsley and paprika.
- Take the hash browns out of the oven and top with one cup of cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash browns and cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and pop it back in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes (or until the eggs are completely mixed through).
- Let it cool and enjoy!