If you’re looking for a vegetarian, low carb dish, the Pioneer Woman’s Fajita Veggie Zucchini Boats are the perfect pick!
I partnered with the Quarantine Collective on their #cookbookseries feature for Instagram and these were of course, my first choice.
They’re quick, filling and have some heat. Grab your zucchinis and let’s get started!
Fajita Veggie Zucchini Boats
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 3 medium zucchini
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs salted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder (recipe calls for 1 tsp, but I like a little more)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (recipe calls for 1/8 tsp)
- 1 cup shredded taco blend cheese (recipe calls for 1 cup grated pepper Jack cheese)
- Toppings: salsa, sour cream or crispy onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prep your zucchini: take the zucchini, cut the ends off and slice them lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop the seeds out of the middle creating a boat. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil and butter. Once that’s melted, add the garlic and stir. Let it cook for a minute and then add the peppers, onion, chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook until the veggies are starting to brown.
- Divide the veggies among the zucchini boats.
- Sprinkle the taco blend cheese on all of the boats.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the cheese has melted and browning on top.
- To serve, add your toppings of choice!
One Comment Add yours