Teriyaki flavors are probably one of my favorite so this dinner is high up on my list. It also is one of my healthier and lighter meals. After you eat it, you don’t feel bogged down. I feel full, but not sluggish if you know what I mean. The key to this dish having flavor is to marinade your chicken for at least 30-40 minutes. I simply pour teriyaki marinade from the bottle into a gallon bag with the chicken and pop it in the fridge. That’s it! Nothing too tough and it gives the dish so much flavor.
Even better, the Asian chopped salad mix comes from a bag too! This is the perfect meal for that busy work day. Okay, let’s get cooking!
Chicken and Asian Chopped Salad Rollups
Prep time: 40 minutes (marinading time) | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
- 4-5 Chicken breasts (add or subtract based on how many you’re serving)
- 2 cups Teriyaki marinade (add or subtract based on how much chicken)
- Asian style chopped salad kit
- soft tortillas
- Tip: I paired this with asparagus baked with minced garlic, oil and lemon juice and brown rice.
- In a ziplock bag, pour the teriyaki marinade and add the chicken breasts. Seal it and put it in the fridge for 30-40 minutes.
- Once it’s done marinading, take them out of the bag and slice them into 2 or 3-inch pieces, set aside.
- Grab a large skillet and add olive oil. Put it on medium heat and begin adding the sliced chicken. Arrange them in a single layer, not stacked. You may have to cook in shifts if you can’t fit them all in one pan at once. TIP: I wrap them in aluminum foil to keep them warm while I cook the others.
- Cook the chicken for 4 or so minutes on once side, flip and finish cooking on the other side. They’ll have a darker color because of the teriyaki.
- While the last batch of chicken pieces are cooking, begin mixing the Asian chopped salad.
- For the chopped salad, all you have to do is put the salad mix and crunchy pieces in a bowl, add the supplied dressing into the bowl and stir with a fork.
- To assemble, heat a tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds and set it on a plate. Add a few pieces of chicken to the center and then a spoonful or two of the chopped salad. Roll it up! Continue this with the rest of the tortillas.