This was one of my grade school favorites. I don’t know why I didn’t continue making them as I got older. That changed a couple weeks ago when I made chili and only had Fritos instead of crackers. I put the Fritos on top and it all came back to me!
I decided my kids should experience the delicious Walking Taco so I made them for dinner. They are just as delicious as I remember. I made a couple tweaks just based on what I had in my house, but scrumptious anyhow.
Have you had a Walking Taco? If not, you have to try them. If you have, make them again!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup taco seasoning
- 1/2 package of chili seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 can drained black beans
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce (or Ragu)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- couple handfuls of Fritos
- optional toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef until brown
- Add in the taco seasoning, chili seasoning, water, black beans and tomato sauce
- To assemble: grab a bowl, add a handful of Fritos to the bottom of the bowl and then add a couple spoonfuls of the meat mixture to the bowl. Don’t forget to top with cheese.
- Add the other toppings you prefer and enjoy!