Well the sun started to shine into our windows and immediately I thought, wait–it’s almost summer (I know, spring first)! I need to start adding lighter and healthier meals to the weeknight menu. I usually have one or two healthy meals a week, but now I need to really prioritize it!
In thinking about healthier meals, I’ve had quite a few people reach out to me about ways to make ground chicken not so bland so I’m sharing one of my family favorite recipes using ground chicken! Best part–it’s 15 minutes and everything can mix in one skillet (except the pot you boil the ramen noodles in).
Ground Chicken and Green Beans
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 5 tbs olive oil, divided
- 2 tbs chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbs teriyaki marinade
- 1/2 bag of frozen green beans (full bag will be around 12 oz.)
- 1-4 oz package of cook ramen noodles
- 5 tbs soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs water
- Boil the ramen noodles in a pot of water for a few minutes, just enough to soften.
- While the noodles are boiling, add 2 tbs olive oil and saute the ground chicken until it’s cooked through.
- Add in the diced peppers and saute those until they’re soft.
- Add in chili garlic sauce, teriyaki marinade and 1 tbs olive oil and stir until it’s all mixed together.
- Add in the green beans and 2 tbs olive oil, stir to incorporate it all and then put a lid on for a couple minutes for them to steam.
- Stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and water in a cup. Remove lid on skillet and stir in the sauce until everything is mixed together. Put the lid back on for a few minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir until it’s all combined.
- Enjoy! I like the green beans to be on the crunchy side.
2 Comments Add yours