Breading on anything, am I right? Top that with fresh mozzarella cheese. Do I have your attention yet? Ok, good.
Chicken Parmesan, depending on how you make it, can take a bit of time. It also depends on how big your pieces of chicken are, are you adding all of the toppings, etc BUT as working moms–we need simple and delicious meals so I’ve created this quick chicken parmesan recipe for our busy families. Let’s put yummy food on the table together!
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 package of chicken tenderloins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups marinara
- 1 fresh mozzarella cheese ball, sliced into pieces (see above picture)
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay the chicken tenderloins in between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound a few times on each section of all pieces so it begins to flatten and tenderize.
- Put the flour in one dish, the eggs in one dish and the bread crumbs, panko crumbs and seasonings in a dish.
- Begin dredging the chicken pieces in flour then egg then bread crumbs mixture and set aside on a plate. Repeat for all remaining pieces of chicken.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to medium heat and begin assembling pieces of chicken into the pan cooking for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Set the chicken tenders on a cookie sheet lined with a rack.
- Using the sliced mozzarella cheese, set slices on top of each piece of chicken so each piece is topped with cheese.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- While that’s baking, heat the marinara up in a saucepan on the stovetop.
- Remove chicken from the oven, spoon warm marinara over top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.