What’s the best thing a cook can make when they’re bad at baking cakes? A no bake cake— in comes my version of a peanut butter pie!
So here’s a little background. This last weekend I tried to make a lemon cake with raspberry glaze for Valentine’s Day. The cake turned out dense and the glaze was delicious, but there was nothing to put it on SO I tossed it and needed to redeem myself. My husband loves peanut butter pie so I figured that’s the one to make! Per usual, I always like to give it my own twist so here’s my peanut butter pie.
Peanut Butter Pie
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 6 minutes | Cooling time: 1 hour
- 1/2 a package of Oreos, crumbled up
- 6 graham crackers, crumbled up
- 5 tbs melted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- one 8-ounce package softened cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- one 8-ounce package whipped topping, like Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the crumbled Oreos, graham crackers and melted butter and then press down in a pie dish to form a crust and then bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, cinnamon and powdered sugar until smooth. Add in the thawed whipping topping and beat again until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Chill for an hour in the fridge before serving. If you can, chill for more than an hour!