With this week celebrating two of my favorite national food days: popcorn (19th) and peanut butter (24th), I’m sharing a dessert bar that includes both of these delicious ingredients. It’s very sweet so if that’s not what you’re looking for, then you might want to exit now!
They’re simple and sound a little odd, but trust me– the buttered popcorn is a MUST!
Chocolate and Popcorn Bars
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes |Cooling time: 30 minutes |Total time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 2 cups popped, buttered popcorn
- 1 cup granola (this is the one I use)
- On a stovetop, heat up the honey and peanut butter in a pot until it’s a smooth liquid then remove from heat
- Pour the chocolate chips, pretzels, butter popcorn and granola in the pot and stir with a spatula until it’s all mixed together nicely and the chocolate is melted (note: the popcorn should be popped in the microwave prior to adding to the mixture)
- Pour the mixture in a 9 x 9 dish that’s been lined with parchment paper and put in the fridge to cool
- Once completely cooled, cut into bars and enjoy!
2 Comments Add yours
Yum! Yum! Yum!
So nice and crunchy!