Here we are, the start of a new year! I’m pretty good with eating stuff in moderation, but not this season. My pants are tight, I’m breaking out because of all the fatty foods I’ve been eating, but no regrets. It’s just time to get back on track.
This is what Recipes with Rachel is all about, simple and delicious foods for you to share with people you love and that are great for the busy, working family. Let’s do this 2020!
I’m excited to share this dish with you. It’s easy, way delicious and has so many wonderful flavors. Also plus– my kids LOVED it!
I paired the chicken and potatoes with green beans. Good ol’ Aldi frozen green beans that I toss in a skillet with olive oil, salt, pepper and minced onions. Leave it on medium heat, covered stirring occasionally. They’re so yummy and taste like freshly snapped green beans. It’s my secret weapon.
Garlic and Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
- 1-2lbs of red-skinned potatoes, quartered (amount is based on how many you’re feeding)
- 5 tbs of olive oil (you’ll use 3 on the potatoes and then 2 on the chicken mixture)
- 2 tsp cumin
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 tbs of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning blend (salt free)
- 6 chicken tenderloins, rinsed (I like to get the slime off from being packaged)
- 2 tbs freeze dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dump the quartered potatoes onto a cookie sheet and drizzle 3 tbs of the olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper to taste and use a spoon to stir and mix the potatoes so all potatoes are coated and in a single layer (you can also do this in a bowl and then dump the potatoes in a single layer- I just like using the least amount of dishes as possible).
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While those are in the oven, heat 2 tbs of olive oil and minced garlic in a saucepan on the stove on medium heat until the garlic begins to brown. Remove from the heat and stir in brown sugar, lemon juice, and Southwest Chipotle seasoning until it’s all combined.
- Once the timer goes off for the potatoes, take them out of the oven and push them to both sides of the cookie sheet and begin setting the chicken tenderloins in the middle of the cookie sheet. Drizzle the garlic and lemon mixture over the chicken tenderloins and bake for another 20 minutes, or until cooked completely.
- Garnish the potatoes with the parsley, serve and enjoy!