Well, tomorrow is Christmas Eve, HOW?? I am still Christmas shopping, haven’t even started wrapping and still need to cook my dishes for tomorrow. In my defense, I was going to do all of that today, but ended up staying home with a sick 2 year old. Since I need to get the bare minimum done, I have to get a dinner in the oven quickly that doesn’t need to be babysat. I want my kiddos to still get nice, cozy dinners even though I’m procrastinating this season.
This recipe is so quick and filling. You probably have a lot of the ingredients already in your pantry and fridge!
Chicken and Rice Casserole
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: approx 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 1 package of chicken tenderloins
- 2 10-oz cans of cream of chicken soup (you’ll use one and a half cans)
- 1 6-oz box of long grain wild rice
- 3 tbs freeze dried parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and spread rice in the bottom of the dish along with half of the contents in the seasoning packet
- Arrange the tenderloins over the rice and sprinkle the remaining seasoning from the packet overtop the chicken
- Pour the soup and chicken broth over the chicken and rice. Use a spatula to mix the broth, rice and soup a little bit. Do not stir completely. You just want the liquid and the rice to mix so they cook evenly in the oven.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Check halfway through so you don’t overcook it. You just want the rice and chicken to be cooked completely
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge and reheat when you’re ready to eat