The famous kitchen sink cookies– so good and yes, salty and sweet like the traditional kitchen sink cookies you’ve had. I didn’t include potato chips in these and instead, pretzels. I also added marshmallows because why not? That’s the best part about kitchen sink cookies– they can be whatever you want. They’re salty, sweet and chewy with a little crunch. Kitchen Sink cookies have to be one of my favorite cookies to make especially around the holidays.
I use these Amazon nonstick baking mats that are easy to clean and perfect for baking on.
Kitchen Sink Cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 sticks (total of 1 cup) of salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup health bits
- 1 cup crushed pretzel sticks
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lay the baking mats (I linked above) on your baking sheets or spray them with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time until it’s all mixed together.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until it’s all combined.
- Stir in the oats, health bits, crushed pretzel sticks, chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Grab your baking sheets and begin rolling the dough into balls (I like mine a little bigger so the cookies are nice and obnoxiously large. Kitchen Sink Cookies need to make a statement). I make mine into 1/4 cup sized balls.
- Place the dough balls 2-3 inches apart since they’re bigger.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then tap the baking sheet down to flatten out the cookies.
- Rotate the baking sheet, top the cookies with a couple more health bits and then bake for another 2 minutes or until they’re a little crispy on the edges.
- Cool on a baking rack and then enjoy!