What are the odds– I found an amazing seafood seasoning as I was roaming the aisles of Home Goods. I love a citrus flavor when cooking seafood, but I also want it to have a spiciness to it. Here’s the seasoning I used for this dish. It was a random find, so I think find something similar at your local grocery store.
My biggest tip when cooking seafood is before you add any sauces, let the seasonings (butter, seasoning, salt, pepper, etc) all marinade together. The shrimp, veggies and noodles soak up everything and so it adds depth to the flavors.
Lemon Pepper Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 20-30 thawed shrimp
- 2 tbs seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs butter
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- pasta — I use linguine because it’s thicker
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and toss in the pasta to cook.
- At the same time, in a smaller pot, bring water to a boil and cook your broccoli until it just becomes a little tender.
- While those are cooking, bring 2 tbs olive oil to medium-low heat in a large skillet.
- Add the thawed shrimp to the olive oil and cook for a few minutes.
- Using tongs, flip the shrimp over and add the seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add the butter to the pan and let it melt. Give it a good stir!
- Drain the noodles and then add them into the saucepan. Slowly stir the noodles and shrimp making sure to coat the noodles. This is important! Let the seasonings attach to the noodles.
- Drain the broccoli and add it in to the saucepan and stir again.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add in the alfredo sauce and slowly stir it all together.
- Let it simmer for another few minutes and then serve immediately!