This is a favorite in my house. It’s a mix of spaghetti and pizza and with warm and gooey cheese, it’s a perfect cold weather meal. It’s a great meal prepping dish because when reheated, it tastes exactly the same. YUM! I like to cook everything in a large saucepan before tossing it into the oven. This ensures that the onion and garlic are all nicely cooked and incorporated into the dish prior to adding all of the mixings.
Some kiddos aren’t fans of pepperoni and so you can always leave that out if you prefer to just have sausage. Either way works! Baking until the cheese is bubbly is key. You want it warm and stringy when you scoop it out.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 20-25 pepperoni, cut in half
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tsp salt and pepper (not too much because it’ll be too salty)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- drizzle of olive oil
- 20 oz Ragu sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large pot, add water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and boil until they’re cooked.
- While you’re cooking the noodles, in a large sauce pan on medium-high heat, add the ground sausage and cook until it’s browned.
- Add the pepperoni to the pan and stir.
- Then add the oregano, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add minced garlic, chopped onion and drizzle olive oil and then stir.
- Make sure to stir until it’s all combined.
- Add the Ragu sauce to the sausage and pepperoni mixture and stir until everything is coated.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until the sauce begins to bubble a little bit.
- Add the noodles to your sausage and pepperoni mixture and stir, stir, stir.
- Begin assembling your casserole by adding a few spoonfuls of the meat mixture to the bottom of a 9×9 casserole dish.
- Then sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- Add the remaining meat mixture as another layer on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and serve!
One Comment Add yours
I like this idea as it eliminates a lot of bread. Thanks