Nachos are a top food choice for me, but just not any typical nachos– I like to switch it up here and there. Try different chips, veggies, add some fruit, different cheeses. It keeps it fun!
I received my shipment of veggies to my door this week and there were a handful of sweet potatoes. I plan to make some for supper this week, but I wanted to try roasting them like chips as well. Once I roasted them, I was going to make a dip, but then I decided to make them into nachos for lunch! They ended up being beautiful–and I was less bloated after eating them.
Sweet Potato Nachos
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into small chip like pieces
- 1/2 lb of ground sausage, cooked
- 3 cups of shredded cheese- I use pepper jack to give it some spice
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups black beans, cooked and drained
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet.
- Assemble the sliced sweet potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until they begin to brown around the edges. These will be your “chips” so they need to be firm-ish.
- Spoon the sausage on top of the sweet potatoes after the 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of cheese over the sausage and potatoes.
- Add the tomatoes and black beans on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the tomatoes and beans.
- Place the jalapeños over the cheese.
- Place the baking sheet back into the oven for 4-5 minutes so the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.