These sugar cookie cups use pre-cut sugar cookie dough and a festive topping for the holiday. I gave these a Halloween theme by adding food coloring and sprinkles. I switch these up at Christmas by adding green or red food coloring.
Using gel food coloring is a great option because it doesn’t affect the flavor and it has a wonderful, bright color.
Halloween Sugar Cookie Cups
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes (bake and filling creation)| Total time: 20 minutes
- Package of precut sugar cookie dough
- 1- 8oz package of cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whatever food coloring you’d like the filling to be or you can keep it white
- Sprinkles or fruit as a topping
- Preheat your oven to the degree on the sugar cookie package.
- Using a muffin pan, form your cookie squares into circles and put them into the tins.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, just enough to where the outer edges are a little brown and the center is a little flexible.
- While those are baking, in a medium bowl, add your cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract and stir until it’s all mixed together.
- Add in the food coloring that you’d like.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and gently drop the pan onto the top of the stove. This will create a sunken center in the cookies that will be perfect for adding the filling!
- Put the filling in a piping bag or ziplock. Cut the tip of the bag off.
- Begin squirting the filling into each sugar cookie bowl until all are filled.
- Top it with a festive sprinkle or fruit.
- Refrigerate until you plan to serve.