When people think of healthier ways to enjoy fries, they think of sweet potato fries. Those are good, but butternut squash fries are also a great option!
Butternut squash and sweet potato fries are low in fat and sodium and high in vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, C and potassium, but sweet potato fries are double the calories, carbs and sugars.
The key to butternut squash is that it needs to be baked slightly over the time you think it needs to be. The fries need to be crunchy and not gooey. Firm, perfect for dipping!
Butternut Squash Fries
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
- butternut squash
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Grab your squash, cut off the ends.
- Using a potato peeler, peel the skin off.
- Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds.
- Slice the squash into small fry sizes. The skinnier, the more crunchy they get while they bake!
- Toss the squash fries in a bowl and drizzle the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Shake, Shake, Shake!
- Put parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread the squash in a single layer.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, flip the fries and bake for another 20 minutes–until they’re crunchy!
- Serve with ketchup.
One Comment Add yours
Gonna try these in the air fryer! 🙂