The Taste of Home Fall Baking magazine came out and as I was walking out of Lowe’s, it was an impromptu buy. Boy, am I glad I did! They have so many delicious, COZY recipes in it including these brown sugar oat muffins.
These only took 35 minutes and my kids loved them! Great ingredients and we used peanut butter and honey on them.
Brown Sugar Oat Muffins
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 3/4 cup milk (I use whole or 2%)
- 1/4 cup veg oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Note: I top with honey or peanut butter. You could also add a little cinnamon to the muffin batter.
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add the oat mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until everything is combined nicely.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tin two-thirds the way full.
- Bake at 400 degrees until a toothpick comes out clean, 15 minutes or so.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then serve with peanut butter or honey.