Looking for a quick, but filling meal? These loaded chicken quesadillas have chicken sautéed in taco seasoning, black beans, corn, gooey cheese and toasted tortillas. What else could you ask for?
I like to have thick chicken breasts that I cut into thinner pieces. I find that it absorbs the taco seasoning better and gives the quesadillas more flavor. You only need SIX ingredients to serve up this delicious weeknight meal. Let’s get cooking!
Loaded Chicken Quesadillas
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced longways
- 6 tortillas
- 2 cups frozen corn, cooked and drained
- 1/2 of a 15 oz can of drained and rinsed black beans
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil and the raw chicken slices.
- Once they’re almost fully cooked, add in the water and taco seasoning packet.
- Stir until everything is cooked and nicely incorporated. The chicken will be a little orangish and brown and that’s perfect! It’s taking in the taco seasoning.
- In a smaller saucepan on medium heat, add one of the tortillas, using tongs, grab 1/3 of the chicken and set them on the tortilla.
- Spoon 1/3 of the beans and corn on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle one cup of the cheese on top of the beans, corn and chicken.
- Once the cheese begins to melt, add the top tortilla and using a large spatula, flip the quesadilla over to cook the other tortilla.
- Cook until the tortilla is a little brown and then remove from the skillet.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice the quesadillas into 4 triangles.
- Repeat the above instructions for the two remaining quesadillas.