If you’re looking for a sweet and spicy bite, then this is it! When you look at the ingredients, you’ll think pineapple and zucchini? What?! I know, but trust me. When mixed with hot honey, delicious!
Spicy Summer Salad
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 6 slices of baguette, toasted in a skillet with olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 cup Louisiana hot sauce
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- In a mixing bowl, mix the zucchini, pineapple, salt and basil in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the hot sauce, honey and apple cider vinegar to make the hot honey sauce.
- To toast the baguette, cut the baguette into 1 /2 inch wide slices. Put a little olive oil in a skillet on medium heat and cook both sides of the baguette, flipping after a couple minutes so the sides are light brown, but not burnt.
- Arrange your toasted baguette slices on a plate.
- Begin spooning the pineapple and zucchini mixture on top of the baguette.
- Drizzle the hot honey over each piece.
- Sprinkle each piece with queso fresco.