This citrus and sweet, flavor packed dessert is perfect for summer! The lemon flavor is a nice surprise since it’s incorporated into the Cool Whip. From the looks of it, you don’t see lemon, you just taste it.
Duncan Hines lemon pie filling is my go-to for this dessert. It’s creamy, but has a great texture with Cool Whip. When it’s mixed together, it’s white but the lemon flavor really shines through.
Strawberry and Lemon Trifles
Prep time: 5 minutes | Assemble time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 8oz Cool Whip
- 4tbs Duncan Hines lemon pie filling
- 1 loaf cake, cut into small strips or cubes
- Strawberries, cut up
- Toasted coconut flakes
- In a small mixing bowl, add the Cool Whip and lemon pie filling and begin mixing it together. Smash the chunks of Cool Whip for it to become a creamy consistency.
- If you’re unsure of how to toast coconut flakes: lay 1 cup of coconut flakes on a microwave safe plate. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until they begin to brown. Stirring every 30 seconds is KEY for evenly toasted flakes.
- Grab individual serving cups and begin assembling the trifles.
- First add a small handful of loaf cake cubes, then a spoonful of strawberries, top with a spoonful or two of the Cool Whip and lemon mixture and sprinkle coconut flakes on top. Done with the first! Now continue assembling the rest of the cups.
- Serve cold.