Look at that oozy egg! Man, this breakfast skillet is a huge hit in my family. I make it with an over easy egg or scrambled eggs. The yolk mixed with the potatoes really makes the dish so I highly recommend an over easy egg.
I like breakfasts to be simple when it comes to making it for my whole family so the trick is to make it taste like it took a long time, but use ingredients that quicken the process. I let you in on my secret ingredients below.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 1/2 bag of Ore-Ida potatoes o’brien
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 eggs (one egg per serving and this amount of sausage and potatoes makes about 4 servings)
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, cook the sausage until browned
- Add in the potatoes and cook until they’re completely thawed and warm
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese and stir until is melted and mixed in
- Spoon the mixture into individual bowls for serving and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of each bowl
- In that same skillet, cook the eggs however you’d like–over easy, scrambled, etc and then add them on top of the potato mixture
- Tip: For the over easy egg, I like to fork the yolk and then it ooze over the potatoes and sausage and then eat. YUM!