The beautiful weather is arriving! Today it is 70 degrees outside so we have the windows open, our attic fan on and are enjoying it while it lasts. We live in the midwest so it could be snowing tomorrow.
We’re experiencing this horrible time in history with COVID-19 so things aren’t the same, but an outcome for some of us is that we’re able to spend more time with our spouses and kids at home. For those without kids, it gives you time to yourself to enjoy the slowness of life for a little bit. A BIG thank you to the essential workers out there. We are grateful for you!
While we spend more time at home, that means more meals to account for–breakfasts, lunches and dinners which can be tough. It also means we don’t have time to spend all day in the kitchen! The air fryer has been a life saver for quick lunches and dinners. Party wings are my favorite thing to throw in the air fryer. They’re fast and cook so crispy like you ordered them at a bar! And if you know me, you know I love bar food! The below recipe I have listed is for two different versions. Since they cook so quickly, why not change it up!? One version is spinach and herb wings and the other is smoky mesquite wings.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes (for both versions) | Total time for two versions: 55 minutes
Spinach and Herb Wings
- 1 lb chicken party wings
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 2 tbs Tastefully Simple Spinach and Herb seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
Smokey Mesquite Wings
- 1 lb chicken party wings
- 3 tbs Weber Smokey Mesquite seasoning
- For each flavor of wings, you’ll need a bowl so for this recipe you’ll need two bowls. One for the spinach wings and one for the smokey mesquite wings.
- First step, put one pound of wings into a bowl and the other pound of wings into the second bowl.
- For the spinach wings: sprinkle the baking powder over the wings and give them a toss so the baking powder coats all of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the Tastefully Simple Spinach and Herb seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder over the wings and toss them again.
- Spray the air fryer bucket (the area you’ll set the wings in) with cooking spray and then arrange the wings in there so they’re in one single layer and not overlapping.
- In the air fryer, cook them at 250 for 15 minutes, then flip them over and cook them for an additional 10 minutes at 400. This is what gives them the extra crispiness.
- For the smokey mesquite wings: while the spinach wings are in the air fryer, you can season this second set of wings.
- Grab the bowl that has the other pound of wings and toss them with the Weber Smokey Mesquite seasoning.
- Once the spinach wings are done, grab them out of the air fryer and wrap them in aluminum foil. This is what keeps them warm while you cook the mesquite wings.
- Spray the bucket again to avoid sticking and arrange the wings in a single layer without overlapping.
- In the air fryer, cook them at 250 for 15 minutes, then flip them over and cook them for an additional 10 minutes at 400–again, crispiness!
- Serve the wings immediately. I like to throw a batch of fries in the oven and sauté some veggies while the wings are in the air fryer.
- Serve with blue cheese, ranch or celery and enjoy!