As Valentine’s Day inches closer and closer, our home starts to get a big sweet tooth! I’m not a big baker, not by choice, but for some reason, baking cakes from scratch has never been my thing. I even tried to make one the other day and yep, still not great. Cake was too dense and my husband looked at me, without using words– his eyes said stop it. And I agree.
With that said, I love baking cookies! I know, so weird, but they always turn out better than my cakes! A cookie that’s fun to make and you can give it a fun seasonal twist are my chocolate dipped cake mix cookies. The best part– you can use cake mix from the box!
Chocolate Dipped Cake Mix
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: based on the cooking time, approx 15-18 minutes | Total time: approx 35 minutes
- funfetti cake mix, and the ingredients it calls for on the box
- sprinkles (since I’m making these for Valentine’s Day, I used red, pink and white)
- 2 to 3 cups white chocolate melts depending on how many cookies you make
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Assemble the cake mix, water, oil and eggs from the instructions on the box.
- Take a nonstick cookie sheet and spoon small scoops as you would cookie dough. It’ll be a little runnier since it’s cake mix. They’ll bake a little flatter, but they’re so delicious.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE or else they’ll be really dry.
- Take the cookies out, and put them on a rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate melts in the microwave for around 1 min, take out after 30 seconds to stir and continue heating until smooth.
- Dip half of the cooled cookie into the chocolate and sprinkle the sprinkles immediately so they stick and dry.
- Lay them on the rack lined with parchment paper so they don’t stick.
2 Comments Add yours
The funfetti cookies look adorable Rachel 🙂
Thank you! So fun!
LikeLiked by 1 person