On this snowy Sunday, our house was craving something cozy. Cozy for me is a meal in the crockpot. It’s easy once it’s all assembled and then I can enjoy the day while it slowly cooks and the smell fills our home. I know you know what I’m talking about!
I had a thawed pork roast in the fridge so I wanted to use that and try out a new dry rub. It turned out delicious and my craving for something cozy was checked off!
Pulled Pork on Tuscan Toast
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 8 hours | Total time: approx 8 hours and 15 minutes
- brown sugar
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 boneless pork roast (2-4 lbs)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 pepperoncinis and 1/2 cup pepperoncini juice
- 3 tbs of butter, divided
- 3 cups bbq sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s original is my go to!)
- loaf of Tuscan bread, bread sliced
- slices of provolone cheese
- Put the ingredients from the rub into a bowl, stir and begin patting the rub on the roast until all areas are covered. Put the roast fat side up in the crockpot and place the 3 tbs of butter on top of the roast as well as the 2 pepperoncinis. Pour the beef broth and pepperoncini juice around the base, but don’t pour the liquid on the roast itself.
- Cook the roast on low for 6-8 hours, until cooked through.
- Once done, take the roast out and pull it apart to create a pulled pork. Dump most of the liquid in the crockpot out and then place the pulled pork back into the crockpot. Add the bbq sauce and then mix the pork and sauce together. Put the lid back on and cook on low for 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Set the pieces of sliced tuscan bread on a cookie sheet and bake for 3 minutes. Once that’s done, pull them out of the oven and begin placing the pulled pork on the individual slices and top with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes and enjoy!