I am a firm believer in breakfast being the most important meal of the day, mostly because I love breakfast food! Cheesy scrambled eggs, waffles, pancakes, breakfast burritos and my favorite biscuits and gravy! There is nothing like warm biscuits fresh out of the oven and sausage gravy on the stovetop. Am I right?
If your home is anything like mine in the morning, you don’t have time to whip up breakfast for your kiddos, or even yourself! I make muffins or energy balls (I’ll post that recipe sometime soon!) and when I have time to prep breakfast burritos or biscuits and gravy on the weekends, it gives us a few more options to grab and eat during the week.
Ground Sausage Two-Ways
Biscuits and Gravy Ingredients:
- Biscuits (whatever kind you like, but I am all about buttery and flaky)
- I love homemade gravy, but for the purpose of this quick breakfast prep, my go to store-bought gravy is Pioneer Country Gravy mix
- 2lb of Jimmy Dean ground pork sausage (1lb will be left out for the burritos, but it’s easier to cook it all at once)
- Cook ground sausage until there is no pink left
- Whisk the gravy using the steps on the package
- Combine sausage and gravy
- Once the biscuits are done baking in the oven, pour the sausage gravy on top.
Breakfast Burritos Ingredients:
- 1lb ground sausage (this should be leftover from the above recipe)
- 1/2 package of Simply Potatoes Hash Browns
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 onion chopped up
- a handful of small sweet peppers chopped up
- olive oil
- optional toppings: salsa and sour cream
- Fold in the hash browns, onions and peppers into the cooked 1lb of ground sausage and drizzle with olive oil
- Once the hash browns begin to brown, whisk in the 12 eggs and stir until cooked
- Add in cheddar cheese and cook on low until everything is melted and combined
- To assemble, put the sausage and eggs mixture into a warmed tortilla and top with all of the delicious toppings